Contact our firm at 904-372-4210 904-372-4210
Home / Blog / If I miss work as a result…

If I miss work as a result of a Florida car accident, can my lost wages be recovered?

You can absolutely recover your lost wages if you’re injured in a car accident in Florida, and that happens in one of two ways. You can recover 60% of your lost wages through your own PIP benefits, provided you have a note from a doctor saying you cannot work due to the injuries from your collision, and you have verification of your wages from your employer. The other 40% of your wages you can recover in a what’s called a lump sum settlement that is done with the at fault insurance company at the end of your case.