Contact our firm at 904-372-4210 904-372-4210
Home / Blog / I can no longer have relations with…

I can no longer have relations with my wife as a result of my car accident injury. Can she sue for loss of consortium?

Your wife can absolutely sue for what’s called loss of consortium. That’s allowed under Florida law. The spouse of an injured party in Florida is always allowed to make a claim for the way her spouse’s injuries have affected their marital relationship, whether it’s doing more things around the house, or their intimate relationship. Any and all ways that the spouse has been affected by the injuries to her significant other can be recoverable in Florida if the case goes to court, or can even be negotiated out of court if there’s a settlement before going to court.